Chevy Radio Codes
HOW TO FIND CHEVY RADIO CODES FOR FREELocating Chevy radio codes doesn't have to be a mystery. The experts at Dyer Chevrolet are skilled at General Motors radio code retrieval services and much more. So, how do you unlock the radio in a Chevy car? The process of finding and resetting Chevy radio codes is easier than you might have guessed. Be sure to dive into this guide and follow up with our Chevy service center with questions about the process; we're here to help!
HOW TO UNLOCK A CAR STEREO 101Most vehicle stereo systems come with anti-theft protection. There might be times where you need to know how to unlock a Chevy theft lock radio, which we can help you with. The need for a radio code reset or retrieval usually happens after the battery dies, and the radio is disconnected or removed during service. Resetting the radio often involves unlocking the code, which we can help you do with the easy steps below:
- Find the anti-theft or unlock code. You will find that most vehicles have an owner's manual with an anti-theft radio card. If it's not in the owner's manual, you might also find the code and serial number in the glove compartment. To unlock the code, you will need this card.
- Turn the ignition switch on and allow your electrical system to boot up the radio. Once the word "CODE" appears on display, you can complete the next step.
- Enter the anti-theft or unlock code that is on the anti-theft card. Then press the tune button on the Chevy stereo system. The display will go from showing "CODE" to a static screen. Press the button to sift through available digits and then repeat the process. You will continue to repeat the process as you input the second, third, and fourth numbers into the display. If you do this correctly, the car stereo will instantly regain functionality.
HOW TO UNLOCK RADIO CODES WITHOUT AN ANTI-THEFT CARD
- Get in touch with your vehicle's manufacturer ASAP. You'll find the number in the owner's manual or on the Chevrolet website. Talk to the support team, and they'll connect you with a specialist who can locate your radio code.
- Enter your vehicle's code to unlock the stereo. Once the code unlocks the stereo, you can activate it and adjust the settings accordingly!
DECIPHERING A LIST OF GM RADIO CODES
Here's what you need to do to find your radio's serial number:
- If the radio's RDS code isn't flashing, turn the vehicle on and turn it to "Accessory" mode.
- Turn on the radio and see the words "LOC" appear on the screen. If instead the words "INOP" are on the screen, keep the ignition running for an hour before proceeding. If zero letters populate, you'll have to visit our service center for further evaluation or parts replacements.
- Press the buttons 2 and 3 at the same time and hold for about 10 seconds. Write down the code that displays on the screen.
- Press the AM/FM button and a new code should populate. Write this number down next to the first set and you'll now have a six-digit code––a.k.a. the radio's serial number.
There are tons of online manuals for sale as well as guides that can teach you how to access and decipher GM radio codes. However, the best course of action is to get in contact with the manufacturer. For this reason, many drivers opt to bring their vehicles to our service center in Vero Beach, Florida.
We can contact the manufacturer for you. They have a turnaround time of about 24 hours, sometimes less. All that is needed for this type of request is a radio serial number, which is a pretty easy task. You'll find that the process is relatively close to what you would do if you already had your anti-theft card, with a little extra leg work. If all else fails, you can contact our team. One of our technicians will happily help you solve the problem!